The wall.
Day 15...and I've hit the wall.
- Can't sleep
- Eating is annoying
- Swelling doesn't seem to be going away
- Verge of tears at any minute
Since I sleep an hour at a time here and there I decided to go into work today to do some paperwork and check my email. Most people know me as the girl who could sleep even when she's not tired...well....that's no longer me. I was amazingly showered and on my way into work this morning by 8. In by 830....out by 930... home and back in bed by 10. After driving and whatnot you'd think I'd be tired...nope. I've been laying in bed since 10....doing nothing...6 hours of nothing.
I'm not happy.


2 Comments:
Hey Larkin,
I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. If its any consulation I have been reading a lot of peoples blogs and several in the past couple of weeks have sorta hit the wall at about day 15. So your definitely not alone!
I know its hard but you can do this! I'm sure the lack of sleep is the main issue here! Everything is magnified when were tired. Can you take an over the counter sleeping pill? or maybe some benedryl to help you get some zzzz's?
Try not to stress about going back to work, a lot can happen in 5 days. Are you using anything for the swelling? Warm compresses on your face at this point should help get the fluids moving. Try putting some raw rice in a soft sock. Tie it off and then microwave it for a couple minutes. Then put it on your face...you can also wrap in in warm wet washcloth for moist heat. It helped a lot with the swelling for me, and also made things not so achey!
Good luck to you! I hope you feel better soon!
Oh, Girl. Big hug from me, too. I'm sorry you don't feel good right now. I agree with Brandy and Amy--you need some sleep. I promise you that you won't feel this way forever. It's gotta be hard for you all up North, in the Midwest, where it's cold and dark. No fun! But by Spring? Honey! You're going to be SO happy! I just know it. Eating will be easier, and your swelling will be better, too. Remember, that you did this for your future. All 70 years of it. This is a short-term investment in your future. It's going to be ok. You can cry if you want to. There, there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home