Day 10
I got little to no sleep last night because I was so worried about this whole infection deal. Thankfully the swelling stayed down and the antibiotics are doing their thing. The OS was happy as well. This was the first appointment were I was talking and had hardly any pain when he took a look at the progress. He'll be gone next week so I'll be meeting with a different doctor...all is well though..he's apparently the one who assisted during my surgery. (I remember seeing someone else in the room...and was introduced...but I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a line up cause I was already on my way to la la land.) He'll be changing my bands next week..and I think thats about it.
One awesome thing...the OS said he would be taking my splint out at the month mark. WOOHOO! That means no splint for my FAVORITE holiday! St. Patty's Day!
Well...not much else to share other than I'm totally off my pain meds and I feel great today!
Here's a few updated pics from today. I'm attempting to smile..



2 Comments:
Wow!!!!! Dramatic difference, Larkin! I know you're somewhat swollen still but the change is already apparent, looks really good! No more class III, woohoo! Super that you're feeling good with no pain meds too. Congrats and I hope that infection does a disappearing act pronto. :)
Well, what's it like to have that mandible back a little? I like it! You must be excited!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home