Infection... Check!
Ah yes. So I have an infection. I woke up yesterday morning to find that the right side of my face was two times the size of the left side. Good thing I had an appointment with the OS. He prescribed another antibiotic and changed my bands. Oh..and a word to the wise..don't take pain meds within an hour of going to an appointment...I was very close to passing out a few times in his office and they had to lay me back and just wait until I felt better. I was able to brush my teeth with a baby tooth brush...mind you..with a splint...makes it pretty difficult.
The new antibiotic doesn't come in liquid form therefor we've had to break the pills down. I haven't been able to get much of it down because the taste...takes over the taste of anything you put it with. I gag...everytime. So...I've been making sure that I get the other antibiotic in my system as much as I'm allowed.
I don't know about anyone else...but i feel like I'm constantly clenching because I'm not used to my new bite. When I realize that I'm doing it i try to relieve the pressure a little bit but I don't know if its good or bad that its happening.
My surgeon called today... to see how i was doing. That was nice. I unfortunately missed the call but it made me feel good that he was that concerned. I have another appointment tomorrow..so I'm hoping the swelling stays down.
Boring post...sorry.


3 Comments:
Sorry about the icky antibiotics!
Yes, when I had my splint, and even now, like at night, I feel like I'm clenching my teeth. It's noticeable and unpleasant. It almost feels like my teeth are being squeezed along the bite arch, as if my arch is being compressed. Not a nice feeling, but if you're taking a poll, I had/have it, too.
Hey Larkin,
So sorry to hear about your infection. That has just got to suck! I mean you are already dealing with a lot (bless your heart) that is like the last thing someone would want, and then its made even worse by the fact that you have to crush up and swallow yucky antibiotics!
Hopefully it will clear out soon and you will be feeling better before you know it.
Brandy
Hi Larkin,
I'm sorry you have an infection, what a bummer. There is nothing ickier than crushed up meds.
I clench against the splint too. I am still doing it at times and have to tell myself conciously to relax. My OS said that is what everyone does, that's why the splint is there.
The first two weeks, I was banded shut and clenched the whole time and the first time using my jaw it was achy and tight. But now that I change the bands, my jaw has relaxed more and it will happen for you too.
Once your infection clears up you'll be feeling so much better. Hope your appointment goes well today!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home