20 August 2008

Has it really been that long?

Well, its been a year and a 1/2 since my surgery! Its surreal to think about the whole journey. So, I guess I should update you on the last year and a 1/2 of my life... After getting the braces off in November life went back to normal...well..as normal as my life can get. I can't begin to explain the confidence that the whole process has given me! I don't have to constantly worry anymore about what people may be thinking when it comes to my teeth/jaw. To my friends and family I'm the same old me..but I feel ten times better about myself on the inside and its all thanks to my excellent dentist, orthodontist and surgeon. The only thing I can complain about...or laugh about...is the small area of numbness I still have in my chin/lips. I'm pretty sure at this point it'll be permanent, but I'm ok with it. It makes for interesting times when eating.

As always I love hearing from other Jaw Surgery/Braces people.. I check blogs every once and awhile and its always amazing to see the different transformations that this surgery makes! If anyone has questions about surgery, braces, etc, I enjoy getting emails!

Til next time..

2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM , Blogger Shontelly said...

Hi Lark! So cool to get an update from you!! How's life in Iraq? eeesh.. I don't even like the sound of that question. I hope all is well and you look GREAT! Take care!!

 
At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Ella said...

Thank you :) I'm going to have this operation in the future and this really helped. Can't wait to get the whole treatment started.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home