03 August 2007

Updates..

Ah. I apologize my surgery friends! It's been sooo long since I last wrote. A few notable things that have happened since my last post:

In true recovery fashion... my infection came back! This time... as a skin infection. The OS put me back on antibiotics and last week was the first week that I have felt back to normal. The infection is GONE! Hopefully for good this time.

I had yet another OD appt where I was told that I would have to wear three bands at all times. WHAT?! The worst part... I have one right in the front! I guess he's fixing my mid line and I can tell you after three weeks of wearing these bands... it looks great! I would post a picture of the new look...but its ridiculous.

Last week I was finally able to get my teeth cleaned for the first time since surgery! I had canceled and rescheduled about three times due to the latest infection...so finally getting in the chair to have that done was awesome! The most hilarious part... at one point I opened my eyes only to see three of four of the dental assistants peeking in the room. My step-sister works at the dentist office and had showed everyone in the office the pictures of my recovery. They were all so surprised at how different I looked.

Something I have noticed, and I'm sure those that have had surgery know what I'm talking about, but people that have known me for more than 5 years don't really notice a change. Those that haven't known me that long definitely notice a change. I've been told that not only do I look different...but I talk different...and that I smile, a lot. However, I've also been told that I still, by habit, cover my mouth (not always) when I laugh or when I'm eating.

The best news of all... I HAD to ask the OD for a timeline due to the fact that I'll be deploying early next year. The LAST thing I want is to be wearing braces in the desert! Much to my surprise...he said that I would have them off way before then! So... I'm hoping Oct/Nov. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

What else... Oh! Its nothing to do with my teeth...but I'm going on a semi-spontaneous vacation! My good friends parents just moved out to DC and she'll be visiting them at the end of August...and she invited me to go out as well. So... we'll be doing the whole touristy thing there as I haven't been to DC since I was young. I think I'll appreciate it a lot more this time. Oh.. and for almost two days... we're taking a bus up to NYC!! I'm extremely excited about this because I've never been there! Again, we'll be going non stop with the touristy stuff...but the best part... I'll be seeing my first Broadway show! We bought tickets for Phantom of the Opera...how cool is that?? Soooo excited!

So... that's all I have for now..I hope everyone is doing well and I will TRY to update more often!

7 Comments:

At 12:32 AM , Blogger Aimee said...

Thank you for the update! You look amazing.

 
At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Larkin,
You look really great and I hope all those infections are gone once and for all. Take care, Amy

 
At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting! I'm a Class III crazy jaw myself, likely "facing" orthognathic surgery in the near future. I'll be reading. :)

BTW, I saw your pic and thought, "What crazy jaw?" You look great. :)

 
At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... I found this blog with a google search of Class III. I am in the same bost as you were. I would like some information on how painful. Sean_bardes@eku.edu

 
At 1:04 AM , Blogger Shontelly said...

Ok GIRL... your gonna have to update! ;D Where ya been? How ya doing? We wanna see that smile of yours!

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Aimee said...

Yeah, I am waiting for an update too with pictures!! :)

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Larkin,
Congratulations! Today is the big debracing day right? You have to post and let us see your beautiful new smile. Plus I wanna hear all the gory details. Did it hurt getting the braces off?

My big day is tomorrow!

Brandy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home