Remove it.....really?
I had yet another check up with the OS this morning. He wanted to make sure the infection was going down. It has since last week. I'm still a little extra swollen on that side..but it doesn't ache like it did last week.
On to the BAD news. The OS said that if this antibiotic doesn't work...we'd try one more...and if the results were the same... at ten weeks post op he wants to take the bone plate and screws out of the left side. Apparently infection in bone is pretty serious. Who knew.
It would be a quick procedure I guess...and he'd do it in the office. I'd obviously be knocked out again...but my question... more cuts...more pain/recovery? Not fun. I'm just getting back into the swing of things..
The left side was the side that he had to make an incision in my cheek during surgery because the bone was cracking. I'm nervous about it doing the same thing if he has to go back in.
Here's hoping these antibiotics work!


3 Comments:
Oh Larkin,
You poor thing! I hope the antibiotics work also! That would suck to have to go back in for more work! I too will send some healing vibes your way! Good Luck!
I think the process for having plates and screws removed isn't nearly as bad as the original surgery. Let's hope you don't need it, but indeed, bone infections are VERY serious and usually require IV antibiotics. You don't want that.
hi larkin, im in a difficult situation nd iv been feelin depressed over the past year. my lower jaw sticks out,i cant talk 2 peolple as well as i wud like 2 and i cant smile in pictures.please help me.what is the price of the operation and where did u have it?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home