Cake.
I'm craving cake hardcore today. Dairy Queen ice cream cake. You know... the kind that has the crunchy cookie part. Mmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. In fact.. I'm just craving cake in general. Maybe I'll make that my mission for tonight...Well... the "work" week has been pretty slow going. I didn't make it in on Monday as I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night. So.. as usual I watched a few episodes of JAG followed by an episode or two of Dawson's Creek. I liked Katie Holmes alot better back then.
ANYWAY. I had an appointment with the OS on Tuesday morning in which he basically said that things looked good and that I could start to take the rubber bands out to eat and then put them back in. Are you kidding me? How in the world am I supposed to get those things back on exactly how they are now?! My solution...leave them on. Granted I want to be able to eat more than just mac & cheese and smoothies...BUT...I'm too scared that I wont get them back on right.
He then said that next week I could move to a "soft chew" diet. Is anyone else as scared as me to attempt chewing again? My muscles are sore now just thinking about the exercise they'd get. Oh..and in sad news. My splint will be sticking around until the end of next week. Grr. I'm still ok with it though...cause it'll be out by Saturday..and that makes me happy. I wouldn't want to dye it green with all the green beverages I'll be having. Oh..and I went into work for an amazing four hours after my appointment. I know...I know... I'm pretty great. Ha.
I guess after my appointment next Friday with the OS I have to head to the OD afterwords. My OD saw me yesterday... I ran in to get a wire cut and to my surprise got a lot more than that. All the girls in the office commented on how good I looked and what a difference the surgery had made. Obviously they noticed the swelling and said how great I'd feel once that is gone. True and true. I hadn't realized it but I had wires from my splint literally tearing up my cheeks. No wonder I didnt attempt smiling before...the wires were digging into my flesh! So..he trimmed those up and replaced my bands. He showed me how to replace them...but I doubt I'll be doing that...unless one happens to break. Let's pray that they stay intact! Things feel a lot tighter now that I have newer bands on..and I started to feel a lot of pressure in my left ear. OUCH! Needless to say I wasn't feeling in anyway shape or form good enough to make an appearance at work. So I headed home to take some drugs.
This morning it was more of the same. Little to no sleep and pressure in my f'n ear. What's that about?! Seriously. I made it into work by 1115 and was out around 345. The worst part about work..... people eating. I swear...they're trying to kill me. Popcorn...salads...etc. Good lord. It all smelled sooo delicious.
Tomorrow I'll be attempting a.....(gasp)....8 HOUR DAY! I'm sure it'll feel like 30...but I'm attempting. Wish me luck!


1 Comments:
Hunger will be your driver, ma'am. It's not that bad to chew. In fact, the hardest part is opening your mouth wide enough to get anything in there in the first place. You can DO it!
...where're your pics?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home