30 January 2007

You know you'll have to pay for this....right?

It's 2am and I can't sleep....so naturally... its bloggin time. I have been in some crazy pain the last few days with one of my surgical hooks. They are literally tearing up my mouth. Not fun. Oh! Tomorrow is my pre-surgical workup appointment with the OS. I'm having my nurse aka my mom go with me so that she can take notes because I know I'll just be trying to take it all in...and won't remember much after its all over. So it's good that she'll be there with me.

Funny story...
a lady from the OS office called me today to make sure that I had my physical scheduled...which happens to be on thursday...which also happens to be my last ortho appointment before d-day! So...she says to me... you don't even know if your insurance is paying anything yet?! Im like... lady... I've provided you...and them...everything that I have.. what do you want me to do? Jk... thats what I should have said. I just said... well... I can't do much about it right now...they've had the paperwork for awhile... so she goes on to say... you know that you'll have to pay for the surgery if they don't...right? I'm thinking.. does this lady realize she's talking to a 24 year old...rather than a 15 year old? I'm like yeah.. I'm prepared for that. So next she says....is your mom planning on helping you out? ....this lady apparently wants my life story...so I tell her... um...no. This is ALL ME. Then she asks how I plan on doing it.. I'm like...well... I've been saving for this for a long time..and I work full time... I'm pretty sure I'm set to be in debt for the rest of my life. Even more hilarious... she realizes that I'll be in tomorrow and says... oh.. I'll be here.. I'll get to see you. I think sarcastically to myself.... Well good. I'm glad. Can we hug when I walk in?

I'm terrible.

So back to the workup... I typed up my list of questions that I have for the OS... you know...the usual..
Will you take pictures of my broken face during surgery?

Can I get a drug drip to take home so I don't have to get out of bed?
How long until I can drink prairie fume again?

Can you call the military and tell them I'll be out for a bit...and that they should still pay me..?
Do you offer pet sitting services?

Everyone asks these questions....right? Thought so.

I'm clearly delirious.


Anyway.. now that I've had my braces for almost a year... I decided I should probably start smiling in pictures...cause i just look dumb when I try to hide my awesome grill.


Exhibit A -Hiding the grill




Exhibit B - Showing off my bling


It's now 230...and if I plan on being at all productive at work after my appointment... then I should probably make myself sleep.

Oh...and Amy... Good luck with surgery this week!
Steph.... good luck next week!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

You are an amazing young woman. I am so impressed that you had the foresight and the discipline to save for this surgery. At your young age. I think your maturity level is rare in people your age. Which makes me even more thrilled for you. You're right--you do look better when you just go ahead and smile. You are beautiful already, and your surgery will just be the frosting. You'll be a very pretty girl who doesn't take anything for granted--just the kind of girl I'd love any of my sons to marry. I nice girl who happens to be beautiful. I'm not your mother, but I'm so proud of you, and you should be, too. Good luck to you, too!!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Shontelly said...

Your not terrible that lady was YUCK! I still get treated like a kid and I have a kid! I tell ya..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home