08 November 2006

Cleaning!

Is it weird that I'm sooo excited to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow? Anyway.. I know it'll probably be painful because well... my teeth have been really sensitive lately..especially the bottom teeth.. but it'll be worth it. Plus, my dentist hasn't seen my teeth in about 6 months so hopefully he's as impressed as I am. On another note.. I have seen numerous blogs of people showing their progress in the form of pictures and a little part of me wishes I had done the same...but its soooo hard for me to see pictures of myself..especially profile shots. I cringe everytime I'm in a social situation with my friends (usually the bars) because they're all about capturing our time together since we don't get to see each other all that often. It makes me realize even more how terrible I look and generally puts me in a terrible mood for the rest of the night. They know it gets to me... I just wish they didn't want me in those pictures. I'm sure after surgery I'll look at them and be thankful that I went through all the pain... Does anyone else feel like this? It's weird... I forget about the whole jaw thing when I'm alone and or at work...but as soon as I leave...even sitting in traffic stresses me out because I feel like the person in the car next to me is judging me because of my jaw. I wish I didn't care as much as I do... but it's something you can't really change.. Over the years I've found certain ways to hide it...or so I thought. Growing my hair really long... frequently resting my hand on my chin...etc. Then about 2 years ago now I had met some friends of a good friend of mine and they had commented to her how I seem to find a way to cover up my jaw...which then draws more attention to it... who knows.. right now its a lose lose situation...

I just called my oral surgeon's office to get a copy of the letter that he sent my insurance company back in February and found out exactly what was going to be done to me.

Le Forte I Osteotomy w/bone graft - $10,671

Sagittal Split Osteotomy Setback - $12,319

So yeah... I completely forgot about the bone graft part... I hear they take bone out of your hip...but I could be wrong.. anyone know?





1 Comments:

At 2:09 AM , Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Girly, I feel the same way. We're probably overreacting, but it will be nice to have our jaws corrected, regardless. I have the opposite malocclusion, a Class II. My overbite makes me look like a bit of a doofus, though it is probably pretty mild.
I was never the most attractive girl, but I didn't let it get in the way of finding a good man.
Follow your dreams. Realize that most a-holes are VERY insecure and not worth your angst. I get that shown to me again and again and every time it happens, I just slap my forehead and say to myself, "What did I tell you? A-holes are insecure!" And some people are just downright curious and would be horrified to realize they've hurt your feelings.
I hate getting my picture taken, too. I hate letting people look at my profile (sometimes I even pull my lower jaw forward if I'm just sitting there.) And sometimes, I just laugh and flirt anyway, and that goes a long way--much further than an ashamed demeanor. People genuinely crave attention from happy, bright, funny people, even if they have cosmetic flaws. (Except in bars. I HATE singles bars.) We will never look perfect to everyone. Hang in there. Life gets better as you get older, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home